- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Vein Drain Blood and Marrow Drive
The Rock River Valley Blood Center and 97ZOK, are joining forces once again to host the Halloween Vein Drain Blood and Marrow Drive on Tuesday, Oct. 31. The event will take place from 7 a.m.-1 p.m. at Riverside Community Bank, 2526 Stowmarket Drive.
The event will feature WZOKs morning crew, Steve and Leigh, broadcasting live from Riverside Community Bank. There will be food, prizes and give a ways.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center is the sole supplier of blood and related services to OSF Saint Anthony, Rockford Memorial, SwedishAmerican, Beloit Memorial, Edgerton Memorial Community, Freeport Health Network, Harvard Memorial, and Northwest Suburban Community and Rochelle Community hospitals.
For more information, contact the Rock River Valley Blood Center at 815/965-8751 or toll-free at 866-889-9073, on the web at www.rrvbc.org.
From the Oct. 25-31, 2006, issue