- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Vein Drain Blood and Marrow Drive
The Rock River Valley Blood Center and 97ZOK, are joining forces once again to host the Halloween Vein Drain Blood and Marrow Drive on Tuesday, Oct. 31. The event will take place from 7 a.m.-1 p.m. at Riverside Community Bank, 2526 Stowmarket Drive.
The event will feature WZOKs morning crew, Steve and Leigh, broadcasting live from Riverside Community Bank. There will be food, prizes and give a ways.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center is the sole supplier of blood and related services to OSF Saint Anthony, Rockford Memorial, SwedishAmerican, Beloit Memorial, Edgerton Memorial Community, Freeport Health Network, Harvard Memorial, and Northwest Suburban Community and Rochelle Community hospitals.
For more information, contact the Rock River Valley Blood Center at 815/965-8751 or toll-free at 866-889-9073, on the web at www.rrvbc.org.
From the Oct. 25-31, 2006, issue