- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Winnebago County Board moves to fill open seat
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott H. Christiansen recently extended his congratulations to John Sweeney on becoming part of the Winnebago County team in the role of facilities coordinator.
Sweeney has been a dedicated County Board member of the people in District 14 for many years.
Sweeneys strong commitment to results when representing the people in District 14 will serve him well in his role as he transitions into his position as facilities coordinator, Christiansen said. Sweeney, and his leadership, will be missed on the County Board.
The vacancy created by Sweeneys departure presents a challenge to the Board to fill his seat quickly, and provide a seamless transition for the benefit of his constituents.
Christiansen has suggested Frank Gambino to fulfill the vacancy until the November election.
Gambino has expressed interest in becoming a board member, and he filed in District 14 as a Republican candidate for County Board. Gambino accepted the appointment, pending the appropriate approval process.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2006, issue