- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
Winnebago County Board moves to fill open seat
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott H. Christiansen recently extended his congratulations to John Sweeney on becoming part of the Winnebago County team in the role of facilities coordinator.
Sweeney has been a dedicated County Board member of the people in District 14 for many years.
Sweeneys strong commitment to results when representing the people in District 14 will serve him well in his role as he transitions into his position as facilities coordinator, Christiansen said. Sweeney, and his leadership, will be missed on the County Board.
The vacancy created by Sweeneys departure presents a challenge to the Board to fill his seat quickly, and provide a seamless transition for the benefit of his constituents.
Christiansen has suggested Frank Gambino to fulfill the vacancy until the November election.
Gambino has expressed interest in becoming a board member, and he filed in District 14 as a Republican candidate for County Board. Gambino accepted the appointment, pending the appropriate approval process.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2006, issue