- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Winnebago County Board moves to fill open seat
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott H. Christiansen recently extended his congratulations to John Sweeney on becoming part of the Winnebago County team in the role of facilities coordinator.
Sweeney has been a dedicated County Board member of the people in District 14 for many years.
Sweeneys strong commitment to results when representing the people in District 14 will serve him well in his role as he transitions into his position as facilities coordinator, Christiansen said. Sweeney, and his leadership, will be missed on the County Board.
The vacancy created by Sweeneys departure presents a challenge to the Board to fill his seat quickly, and provide a seamless transition for the benefit of his constituents.
Christiansen has suggested Frank Gambino to fulfill the vacancy until the November election.
Gambino has expressed interest in becoming a board member, and he filed in District 14 as a Republican candidate for County Board. Gambino accepted the appointment, pending the appropriate approval process.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2006, issue