- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
Winter indoor volleyball registration deadline Dec. 29
Team registration is under way for winter season adult indoor volleyball leagues. Leagues for players age 19 and older are offered for mens, womens, and coed teams to play in recreational, intermediate, and competitive divisions. Play begins the weeks of Jan. 3 or 29 at Rockford Park Districts Wedgbury Indoor Sports Center.
Registrations with full team payment are taken at the Park District Sinnissippi Park Office, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford, on a first-come, first-served basis through Dec. 29 by mail, fax (with credit card), or in person. Teams are encouraged to register early, as leagues fill quickly.
Group instruction clinics and private lessons are also available.
For a registration brochure with team fees and schedules, or for more information, call 987-8800 (TTY, 963-DEAF) or 885-1135 (TTY, 885-4295). For information about disability support, call 987-1600 (voice/TTY).
From the Dec. 21-27, 2005, issue