- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Winter indoor volleyball registration deadline Dec. 29
Team registration is under way for winter season adult indoor volleyball leagues. Leagues for players age 19 and older are offered for mens, womens, and coed teams to play in recreational, intermediate, and competitive divisions. Play begins the weeks of Jan. 3 or 29 at Rockford Park Districts Wedgbury Indoor Sports Center.
Registrations with full team payment are taken at the Park District Sinnissippi Park Office, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford, on a first-come, first-served basis through Dec. 29 by mail, fax (with credit card), or in person. Teams are encouraged to register early, as leagues fill quickly.
Group instruction clinics and private lessons are also available.
For a registration brochure with team fees and schedules, or for more information, call 987-8800 (TTY, 963-DEAF) or 885-1135 (TTY, 885-4295). For information about disability support, call 987-1600 (voice/TTY).
From the Dec. 21-27, 2005, issue