- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Winter indoor volleyball registration deadline Dec. 29
Team registration is under way for winter season adult indoor volleyball leagues. Leagues for players age 19 and older are offered for mens, womens, and coed teams to play in recreational, intermediate, and competitive divisions. Play begins the weeks of Jan. 3 or 29 at Rockford Park Districts Wedgbury Indoor Sports Center.
Registrations with full team payment are taken at the Park District Sinnissippi Park Office, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford, on a first-come, first-served basis through Dec. 29 by mail, fax (with credit card), or in person. Teams are encouraged to register early, as leagues fill quickly.
Group instruction clinics and private lessons are also available.
For a registration brochure with team fees and schedules, or for more information, call 987-8800 (TTY, 963-DEAF) or 885-1135 (TTY, 885-4295). For information about disability support, call 987-1600 (voice/TTY).
From the Dec. 21-27, 2005, issue