- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Winter indoor volleyball registration deadline Dec. 29
Team registration is under way for winter season adult indoor volleyball leagues. Leagues for players age 19 and older are offered for mens, womens, and coed teams to play in recreational, intermediate, and competitive divisions. Play begins the weeks of Jan. 3 or 29 at Rockford Park Districts Wedgbury Indoor Sports Center.
Registrations with full team payment are taken at the Park District Sinnissippi Park Office, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford, on a first-come, first-served basis through Dec. 29 by mail, fax (with credit card), or in person. Teams are encouraged to register early, as leagues fill quickly.
Group instruction clinics and private lessons are also available.
For a registration brochure with team fees and schedules, or for more information, call 987-8800 (TTY, 963-DEAF) or 885-1135 (TTY, 885-4295). For information about disability support, call 987-1600 (voice/TTY).
From the Dec. 21-27, 2005, issue