- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
XM Satellite Radio airs Blues Awards May 10 from Tennessee
Noted Chicago actssome of which make frequent stops in Rockfordamong attendees
An agreement has been made between The Blues Foundation and XM Satellite Radio for a live broadcast of the 2007 Blues Awards Thursday, May 10.
The Blues Awards will air on satellite radio channel 74, starting at 6:30 p.m., and will continue until the last performance is made, which, according to officials, will be around 1 a.m., Friday, May 11.
The Blues Awards is held annually, and recognizes the top blues artists in the industry. Twenty-five of the 65 nominees will perform as part of the ceremony at the Memphis (Tenn.) Cook Convention Center.
The list of attendees and performers includes several Chicago acts that make frequent stops in Rockford, such as Eddie Shaw, Lil Ed & The Blues Imperials, Magic Slim & the Teardrops, and Nick Moss & The Flip Tops.
Other performances scheduled include the Soul Blues Revue featuring Sugar Pie DeSanto, Guy Davis, Johnny Rawls backed by the Jackie Payne/Steve Edmonson band and a harmonica shoot-out with Mark Hummel and Bobby Rush, who also got his start in Chicago in the 1950s.
Sponsored largely by Gibson, The Blues Awards are open to the public. Fans will be provided with an elegant dinner and be seated with the nominees.
More about the 2007 Blues Awards can be found at www.blues.org. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling (901) 527-2583.
from the May 2-8, 2007, issue