- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
YouthBuild helps park district
YouthBuild of Rockford is helping out the Rockford Park District by building the Flotilla 61 storage and restroom building in Illinois Street Park.
Al Solverson of YouthBuild said his crew will be working on the 1,000-square-foot building for roughly the next two weeks.
YouthBuild is a program designed to teach various technical skills to youth ages 16-24 through a vigorous 10-month program. The youth spend part of their time in a classroom setting working on computers and learning other skills and the other time in the field working constructing homes and other structures.
We work with the local trade unions to help the graduates of our program get into the apprentice programs. We usually build three homes a year. The city of Rockford has a program to help first-time homeowners purchase these homes, said Solverson.
For more information about YouthBuild, call 963-6236.