- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
YouthBuild helps park district
YouthBuild of Rockford is helping out the Rockford Park District by building the Flotilla 61 storage and restroom building in Illinois Street Park.
Al Solverson of YouthBuild said his crew will be working on the 1,000-square-foot building for roughly the next two weeks.
YouthBuild is a program designed to teach various technical skills to youth ages 16-24 through a vigorous 10-month program. The youth spend part of their time in a classroom setting working on computers and learning other skills and the other time in the field working constructing homes and other structures.
We work with the local trade unions to help the graduates of our program get into the apprentice programs. We usually build three homes a year. The city of Rockford has a program to help first-time homeowners purchase these homes, said Solverson.
For more information about YouthBuild, call 963-6236.