- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
Big James & the Chicago Playboys at Sinnissippi July 25
Big James Montgomery got his first taste of the blues when, as a young teen-ager, he would stand outside of a club on the South Side of Chicago and listen to B.B. Big Voice
Odum sing with Billy Branch and the Sons of Blues. Eventually, he was allowed to sit in with the band, and as the old saying goes, The rest is history.
The Playboys feature tenor saxophonist Charlie Kimble, guitarist Mike Wheeler, bassist Larry Williams, drummer Cleo Cole and keyboardist Joe Blocker. Led by Big James
on trombone and lead vocals, the Playboys are performing at many of the well-known blues clubs in the Chicago area with a more polished, but no less soulful, sound that lends a gospel elegance to its hard-booting groove.
This performance is co-sponsored by the Rockford Park District and 89.5 FM WNIJ. Charlotte’s Web thanks the Park District, the Illinois Arts Council and WNIJ-FM for making the Charlotte’s Web Summer Series possible. Thanks to these organizations, the concerts are free at the Music Shell. Rain site for the July 25 concert is Mendelssohn PAC, 415 N. Church St. Call (815) 987-8800 after 2:30 p.m. the day of the concert for rain site info. All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. Picnic baskets are welcome, but no alcohol.
The Rockford Park District welcomes the opportunity to assist guests with special needs. The Music Shell is wheelchair accessible. An assistive listening system is available for those who are hard of hearing. For special assistance, call (815) 987-1600 (voice/TTY) at least 48 hours in advance.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.charlotteswebconcerts.com.