- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Get trained with Red Cross in August!
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes this August. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in August:
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, Aug. 5 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Wednesday, Aug. 12 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 18/20 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 25/27 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
Adult/Child Infant CPR: Tuesday, Aug. 11 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Aug. 22 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Aug. 8 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the Red Cross office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
from the July 22-28, 2009, issue