- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Get trained with Red Cross in August!
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes this August. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in August:
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, Aug. 5 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Wednesday, Aug. 12 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 18/20 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 25/27 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
Adult/Child Infant CPR: Tuesday, Aug. 11 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Aug. 22 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Aug. 8 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the Red Cross office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
from the July 22-28, 2009, issue