- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Get trained with Red Cross in August!
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes this August. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in August:
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, Aug. 5 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Wednesday, Aug. 12 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 18/20 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 25/27 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
Adult/Child Infant CPR: Tuesday, Aug. 11 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Aug. 22 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Aug. 8 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the Red Cross office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
from the July 22-28, 2009, issue