- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Get trained with Red Cross in August!
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes this August. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in August:
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, Aug. 5 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Wednesday, Aug. 12 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 18/20 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 25/27 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
Adult/Child Infant CPR: Tuesday, Aug. 11 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Aug. 22 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Aug. 8 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the Red Cross office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
from the July 22-28, 2009, issue