- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Get trained with Red Cross in August!
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes this August. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in August:
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, Aug. 5 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Wednesday, Aug. 12 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid & Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 18/20 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid & Infant/Child CPR: Tuesday/Thursday, Aug. 25/27 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
Adult/Child Infant CPR: Tuesday, Aug. 11 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Aug. 22 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Aug. 8 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the Red Cross office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
from the July 22-28, 2009, issue