- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
NorthPointe celebrates Mind and Body Day
NorthPointe Wellness in Roscoe is offering Wellness members and residents of the community an opportunity to learn more about taking care of their mind and body. Mind and Body Day will be from 8 a.m.-noon, Saturday, July 25.
The morning will feature speakers as well as demonstrations and special classes,
announced Kristi Lambright, director of NorthPointe Wellness. We hope people will stop by and learn more about new and interesting ways to stay fit and enjoy their lives.
Classes offered include: a morning Nature Walk or Yoga, Meditation, Pilates, Aqua Personal Training, Ten Chi and more. Guest speakers include: Greg Ammon, Master Therapist on Stress Management, Jeanie Burke, Registered Dietitian on Nutrition and Cancer and Herb Case, Certified Personal Trainer on Energy Expenditure and Exercise.
For more information, call (815) 525-4900 or check their Web site at www.NorthPointeWellness.org. A special offer of 75 percent off a membership will be offered from 8 a.m.-noon only on July 25. NorthPointe is at 5605 E. Rockton Road in Roscoe, near the southwest corner of East Rockton and Willowbrook roads.
from the July 22-28, 2009, issue