- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Community news and notes
Matthew Krueger, a financial representative and managing director of Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, The Krueger Financial Group in Rockford, qualified for the National Quality Award from the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors. This is the third consecutive year he has earned the honor, which recognizes financial representatives whose retention of in-force business indicates competence and dedication to the insurance industry and their clients. He also earned the National Sales Achievement Award for the third straight year, an award that demonstrates abilities in client building and insurance planning. … AMCORE Bank recently promoted Ted Kopczynski to the position of chief credit officer and senior vice president. He will be responsible for developing, administering and providing general oversight of all credit policies and procedures, approving and recommending extensions of credit and implementing credit risk management activities. … Jay Pick, vice president of Williams-Manny Inc., completed the Business Insurance James K. Ruble Seminar in Madison, Wis. Ruble Seminars are exclusive, advanced educational offerings for certified insurance counselors and certified risk managers only. They are conducted by The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research.
from the July 29-August 4, 2009, issue