- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes
Matthew Krueger, a financial representative and managing director of Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, The Krueger Financial Group in Rockford, qualified for the National Quality Award from the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors. This is the third consecutive year he has earned the honor, which recognizes financial representatives whose retention of in-force business indicates competence and dedication to the insurance industry and their clients. He also earned the National Sales Achievement Award for the third straight year, an award that demonstrates abilities in client building and insurance planning. … AMCORE Bank recently promoted Ted Kopczynski to the position of chief credit officer and senior vice president. He will be responsible for developing, administering and providing general oversight of all credit policies and procedures, approving and recommending extensions of credit and implementing credit risk management activities. … Jay Pick, vice president of Williams-Manny Inc., completed the Business Insurance James K. Ruble Seminar in Madison, Wis. Ruble Seminars are exclusive, advanced educational offerings for certified insurance counselors and certified risk managers only. They are conducted by The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research.
from the July 29-August 4, 2009, issue