- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Stewart Cink presents Top 10 List on Late Show with David Letterman
During a battle with insomnia last week, I actually managed to see an entire episode of David Letterman’s late-night television show. Am I glad I did. He just so happened to have Stewart Cink, the winner of the 2009 British Open, on that particular show. He wasn’t a scheduled guest invited to sit down and participate in an interview. Instead, he was making a cameo appearance, reading the evening’s “Top Ten List.”
In case you happened to fall asleep at a normal hour and you missed it, here it is:
Top 10 Surprising Facts About Stewart Cink
(from the Late Show with David Letterman, July 21, 2009)
10. I forgot my clubs, so I had to putt with my shoe.
9. Instead of “fore,” I often yell, “Hit the deck, losers.”
8. I can fit seven golf balls in my mouth.
7. Most people think I sell plumbing supplies.
6. I called Tiger Woods last night. I laughed, and I hung up.
5. This morning I drove from JFK to midtown in a golf cart.
4. I once got my tongue caught in a ball washer.
3. My street name is: 50-Cink.
2. I’ve already spent my winnings on gum.
1. Even I was rooting for Tom Watson.
My two personal favorites are No. 6 and No. 7. It’s nice to see a professional athlete who doesn’t take himself too seriously and exhibits a good sense of humor. Kudos to Stewart Cink, and I can only hope the next time I’m awake past 11 p.m. on a “school night,” Letterman decides to have another sports figure on his show. I’ll be watching.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
from the July 29-August 4, 2009, issue