- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Stewart Cink presents Top 10 List on Late Show with David Letterman
During a battle with insomnia last week, I actually managed to see an entire episode of David Letterman’s late-night television show. Am I glad I did. He just so happened to have Stewart Cink, the winner of the 2009 British Open, on that particular show. He wasn’t a scheduled guest invited to sit down and participate in an interview. Instead, he was making a cameo appearance, reading the evening’s “Top Ten List.”
In case you happened to fall asleep at a normal hour and you missed it, here it is:
Top 10 Surprising Facts About Stewart Cink
(from the Late Show with David Letterman, July 21, 2009)
10. I forgot my clubs, so I had to putt with my shoe.
9. Instead of “fore,” I often yell, “Hit the deck, losers.”
8. I can fit seven golf balls in my mouth.
7. Most people think I sell plumbing supplies.
6. I called Tiger Woods last night. I laughed, and I hung up.
5. This morning I drove from JFK to midtown in a golf cart.
4. I once got my tongue caught in a ball washer.
3. My street name is: 50-Cink.
2. I’ve already spent my winnings on gum.
1. Even I was rooting for Tom Watson.
My two personal favorites are No. 6 and No. 7. It’s nice to see a professional athlete who doesn’t take himself too seriously and exhibits a good sense of humor. Kudos to Stewart Cink, and I can only hope the next time I’m awake past 11 p.m. on a “school night,” Letterman decides to have another sports figure on his show. I’ll be watching.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
from the July 29-August 4, 2009, issue