- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
‘Eating to Lower Your Cholesterol’ offered by OSF St. Anthony Medical Center
Presented by the registered dietitians of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a one-session class called
Eating to Lower Your Cholesterol
explores the basics of a low-saturated fat, high-fiber eating plan.
The next class will be offered from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 18, at the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Room 154. The fee is $20 for the class.
The class is intended for those who are just beginning to change their eating habits, for those who need to review a low-cholesterol eating plan, or for those who need a push to get back on track.
During the class, a dietitian will evaluate the participants’ current eating pattern and make recommendations for changes that will help them meet their goals of cholesterol reduction. Participants will learn what their cholesterol readings mean, learn to calculate maximum grams of fat and saturated fat, learn what and how much to eat and receive an introduction into reading labels.
Participants receive written materials explaining the eating plan as well as some recipes to try at home.
Registration by calling (815) 395-5025 is required. Space is limited to allow for discussion and questions. The cost is $20.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is a member of OSF HealthCare System, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. Its Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
from the August 5 – 11, 2009 issue