- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
‘Eating to Lower Your Cholesterol’ offered by OSF St. Anthony Medical Center
Presented by the registered dietitians of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a one-session class called
Eating to Lower Your Cholesterol
explores the basics of a low-saturated fat, high-fiber eating plan.
The next class will be offered from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 18, at the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Room 154. The fee is $20 for the class.
The class is intended for those who are just beginning to change their eating habits, for those who need to review a low-cholesterol eating plan, or for those who need a push to get back on track.
During the class, a dietitian will evaluate the participants’ current eating pattern and make recommendations for changes that will help them meet their goals of cholesterol reduction. Participants will learn what their cholesterol readings mean, learn to calculate maximum grams of fat and saturated fat, learn what and how much to eat and receive an introduction into reading labels.
Participants receive written materials explaining the eating plan as well as some recipes to try at home.
Registration by calling (815) 395-5025 is required. Space is limited to allow for discussion and questions. The cost is $20.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is a member of OSF HealthCare System, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. Its Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
from the August 5 – 11, 2009 issue