- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
National Show Ski Tournament Aug. 7-9 in Loves Park
The Division 1 National Show Ski Tournament will be Aug. 7-9 at Shorewood Park in Loves Park.
The Ski Broncs will host 15 of the largest show ski teams in the country. Individual competitions will be Aug. 7, and team competitions will be Aug. 8-9.
Shows begin each day at 8 a.m., and will continue throughout the afternoon until all teams have performed. Each team’s show is 1 hour, 45 minutes.
Spectator admission is free; refreshments will be available for purchase. Local band Orth and Russ will play from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 8. The event is expected to attract up to 25,000 visitors to the Rockford area. Info: skibroncs.com or Tracy Rangel at (815) 988-4005.
Shorewood Park is located at the south end of East Drive along the Rock River.
from the August 5 – 11, 2009 issue