- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
National Show Ski Tournament Aug. 7-9 in Loves Park
The Division 1 National Show Ski Tournament will be Aug. 7-9 at Shorewood Park in Loves Park.
The Ski Broncs will host 15 of the largest show ski teams in the country. Individual competitions will be Aug. 7, and team competitions will be Aug. 8-9.
Shows begin each day at 8 a.m., and will continue throughout the afternoon until all teams have performed. Each team’s show is 1 hour, 45 minutes.
Spectator admission is free; refreshments will be available for purchase. Local band Orth and Russ will play from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 8. The event is expected to attract up to 25,000 visitors to the Rockford area. Info: skibroncs.com or Tracy Rangel at (815) 988-4005.
Shorewood Park is located at the south end of East Drive along the Rock River.
from the August 5 – 11, 2009 issue