- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
National Show Ski Tournament Aug. 7-9 in Loves Park
The Division 1 National Show Ski Tournament will be Aug. 7-9 at Shorewood Park in Loves Park.
The Ski Broncs will host 15 of the largest show ski teams in the country. Individual competitions will be Aug. 7, and team competitions will be Aug. 8-9.
Shows begin each day at 8 a.m., and will continue throughout the afternoon until all teams have performed. Each team’s show is 1 hour, 45 minutes.
Spectator admission is free; refreshments will be available for purchase. Local band Orth and Russ will play from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 8. The event is expected to attract up to 25,000 visitors to the Rockford area. Info: skibroncs.com or Tracy Rangel at (815) 988-4005.
Shorewood Park is located at the south end of East Drive along the Rock River.
from the August 5 – 11, 2009 issue