- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
National Show Ski Tournament Aug. 7-9 in Loves Park
The Division 1 National Show Ski Tournament will be Aug. 7-9 at Shorewood Park in Loves Park.
The Ski Broncs will host 15 of the largest show ski teams in the country. Individual competitions will be Aug. 7, and team competitions will be Aug. 8-9.
Shows begin each day at 8 a.m., and will continue throughout the afternoon until all teams have performed. Each team’s show is 1 hour, 45 minutes.
Spectator admission is free; refreshments will be available for purchase. Local band Orth and Russ will play from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 8. The event is expected to attract up to 25,000 visitors to the Rockford area. Info: skibroncs.com or Tracy Rangel at (815) 988-4005.
Shorewood Park is located at the south end of East Drive along the Rock River.
from the August 5 – 11, 2009 issue