- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
National Show Ski Tournament Aug. 7-9 in Loves Park
The Division 1 National Show Ski Tournament will be Aug. 7-9 at Shorewood Park in Loves Park.
The Ski Broncs will host 15 of the largest show ski teams in the country. Individual competitions will be Aug. 7, and team competitions will be Aug. 8-9.
Shows begin each day at 8 a.m., and will continue throughout the afternoon until all teams have performed. Each team’s show is 1 hour, 45 minutes.
Spectator admission is free; refreshments will be available for purchase. Local band Orth and Russ will play from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 8. The event is expected to attract up to 25,000 visitors to the Rockford area. Info: skibroncs.com or Tracy Rangel at (815) 988-4005.
Shorewood Park is located at the south end of East Drive along the Rock River.
from the August 5 – 11, 2009 issue