Park District’s Forest City Queen begins summer season
From press release
Rockford Park District kicked off the Forest City Queen’s summer season last week. The 45-minute river cruise provides passengers with interesting information about Rockford’s history with a glimpse of some of the most stately houses located along the Rock River. The cruises are one of the many low-fee activities the Park District offers the community.
In addition to hourly narration cruises, a variety of cruise and dining package options are also available including: Wednesday Family Fun Ski Broncs Show Nights, Friday Grab N’ Go Lunch Cruises, Friday Night Fish Fry Cruises, Saturday Evening Sunset Dinner Cruises, and Saturday Evening River District Association Tours. Private rentals are also available. Reservations are required at least three days prior to cruise dates.
* Children (age 4 and younger): FREE
* Youth (ages 5-17): $3.50 ($4 non-resident)
* Adults (age 18+): $4.50 ($5 non-resident)
* Groups (per individual)*: $3 ($3.50 non-resident)
* group rate fees apply for 10 or more paid individuals
(see rockfordparkdistrict.org for fall schedule)
* Weekday Rides: Through Aug. 28
* Weekend Rides: Through Aug. 30
* Wednesdays and Fridays: 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.
* Saturdays and Sundays: 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.
Hourly ride tickets can be purchased at the Trolley Station at the south end of Riverview Park, 324 N. Madison St., or call (815) 987-8894.
Ticket Booth Hours:
* Tuesday/Thursday – 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
* Wednesday: 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
* Friday: 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
* Saturday and Sunday: 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
For more information, contact Julius Rankins at (815) 987-8824 or (815) 987-1685.
Print This Article