- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Bluegrass Reunion Band at Tinker Aug. 16
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is celebrating the rich heritage of Rockford with the “Tinker with Music” 2009 Free Summer Outdoor Concert Series. The fourth concert of the series will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 16, and will feature The Bluegrass Reunion, featuring Mike Bratt, bass; Steve Strombeck, fiddle/mandolin; John Lindblade, guitar; and Tim Lawrence, banjo.
The Bluegrass Reunion Band, founded in 1987, was influenced by: Bill Monroe, Osborne Brothers, Hot Rize, Stanley Brothers, Jim & Jesse, Seldom Scene, Ricky Skaggs and Tony Rice. Their sound is traditional bluegrass, and they cover modern contemporary songs, bluegrass standards and songs of the “Western Cowboy.”
Tinker is beside Kent Creek at 411 Kent St., Rockford. For more information about the Tinker with Music Summer Concert Series or other programs or tours offered by Tinker Swiss, phone (815) 964-2424 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the museum’s Web site at www.tinkercottage.org to learn more about events and activities.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue