- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Bluegrass Reunion Band at Tinker Aug. 16
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is celebrating the rich heritage of Rockford with the “Tinker with Music” 2009 Free Summer Outdoor Concert Series. The fourth concert of the series will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 16, and will feature The Bluegrass Reunion, featuring Mike Bratt, bass; Steve Strombeck, fiddle/mandolin; John Lindblade, guitar; and Tim Lawrence, banjo.
The Bluegrass Reunion Band, founded in 1987, was influenced by: Bill Monroe, Osborne Brothers, Hot Rize, Stanley Brothers, Jim & Jesse, Seldom Scene, Ricky Skaggs and Tony Rice. Their sound is traditional bluegrass, and they cover modern contemporary songs, bluegrass standards and songs of the “Western Cowboy.”
Tinker is beside Kent Creek at 411 Kent St., Rockford. For more information about the Tinker with Music Summer Concert Series or other programs or tours offered by Tinker Swiss, phone (815) 964-2424 or e-mail email@example.com. Visit the museum’s Web site at www.tinkercottage.org to learn more about events and activities.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue