- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Bluegrass Reunion Band at Tinker Aug. 16
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is celebrating the rich heritage of Rockford with the “Tinker with Music” 2009 Free Summer Outdoor Concert Series. The fourth concert of the series will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 16, and will feature The Bluegrass Reunion, featuring Mike Bratt, bass; Steve Strombeck, fiddle/mandolin; John Lindblade, guitar; and Tim Lawrence, banjo.
The Bluegrass Reunion Band, founded in 1987, was influenced by: Bill Monroe, Osborne Brothers, Hot Rize, Stanley Brothers, Jim & Jesse, Seldom Scene, Ricky Skaggs and Tony Rice. Their sound is traditional bluegrass, and they cover modern contemporary songs, bluegrass standards and songs of the “Western Cowboy.”
Tinker is beside Kent Creek at 411 Kent St., Rockford. For more information about the Tinker with Music Summer Concert Series or other programs or tours offered by Tinker Swiss, phone (815) 964-2424 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the museum’s Web site at www.tinkercottage.org to learn more about events and activities.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue