- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Bluegrass Reunion Band at Tinker Aug. 16
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is celebrating the rich heritage of Rockford with the “Tinker with Music” 2009 Free Summer Outdoor Concert Series. The fourth concert of the series will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 16, and will feature The Bluegrass Reunion, featuring Mike Bratt, bass; Steve Strombeck, fiddle/mandolin; John Lindblade, guitar; and Tim Lawrence, banjo.
The Bluegrass Reunion Band, founded in 1987, was influenced by: Bill Monroe, Osborne Brothers, Hot Rize, Stanley Brothers, Jim & Jesse, Seldom Scene, Ricky Skaggs and Tony Rice. Their sound is traditional bluegrass, and they cover modern contemporary songs, bluegrass standards and songs of the “Western Cowboy.”
Tinker is beside Kent Creek at 411 Kent St., Rockford. For more information about the Tinker with Music Summer Concert Series or other programs or tours offered by Tinker Swiss, phone (815) 964-2424 or e-mail email@example.com. Visit the museum’s Web site at www.tinkercottage.org to learn more about events and activities.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue