- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes
The Rockford Park District recently announced several key staff appointments for the Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens. Ruth Miller, program director of the City of Gardens, has been appointed conservatory facility manager, and Dan Erwin, current manager of Horticulture & Parks for the district, will take on additional horticulture management responsibilities for the new facility. Long-time Park District Deputy Director of Operations Ron Butler will oversee the entire operation of the new conservatory, which is scheduled to open in December 2010. … William Collett joined the staff of DP Accounting, Rockford. He will help individuals and nonprofit organizations understand new options they have for selecting an energy provider in light of Illinois’ energy deregulation. He is with Ambit Energy, a natural-gas provider in Illinois. … Mike Donnelly of Edward Jones shared his experience and helped train financial advisers with less experience at the firm’s headquarters in St. Louis. At the May sessions, Donnelly held class discussions and met individually with advisers.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue