- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Community news and notes
The Rockford Park District recently announced several key staff appointments for the Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens. Ruth Miller, program director of the City of Gardens, has been appointed conservatory facility manager, and Dan Erwin, current manager of Horticulture & Parks for the district, will take on additional horticulture management responsibilities for the new facility. Long-time Park District Deputy Director of Operations Ron Butler will oversee the entire operation of the new conservatory, which is scheduled to open in December 2010. … William Collett joined the staff of DP Accounting, Rockford. He will help individuals and nonprofit organizations understand new options they have for selecting an energy provider in light of Illinois’ energy deregulation. He is with Ambit Energy, a natural-gas provider in Illinois. … Mike Donnelly of Edward Jones shared his experience and helped train financial advisers with less experience at the firm’s headquarters in St. Louis. At the May sessions, Donnelly held class discussions and met individually with advisers.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue