- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Getting Dirty to raise funds for Epilepsy
Area mudslingers dirtied up themselves Saturday, Aug. 8, at Kelley-Meyers Park, Roscoe, for the 27th Annual Mud Volleyball Tournament to raise funds for the Epilepsy Foundation. The competition was intense and filthy, but participants cleaned up in a nearby creek between matches. Team Hogwash claimed the overall championship, and 320 teams competed. The volleyball mudfest helps raise funds for seizure clinics, epilepsy educational programs and support groups.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue