- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Getting Dirty to raise funds for Epilepsy
Area mudslingers dirtied up themselves Saturday, Aug. 8, at Kelley-Meyers Park, Roscoe, for the 27th Annual Mud Volleyball Tournament to raise funds for the Epilepsy Foundation. The competition was intense and filthy, but participants cleaned up in a nearby creek between matches. Team Hogwash claimed the overall championship, and 320 teams competed. The volleyball mudfest helps raise funds for seizure clinics, epilepsy educational programs and support groups.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue