- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Ian Moore plays Deli Italia Aug. 14
National recording artist Ian Moore will take the Deli Italia Lounge stage this Friday, Aug. 14.
Moore, a California native, broke out of Austin, Texas, in the early 1990s with a unique blend of folk, world music and blues. Aside from his eight albums, Moore has played with ZZ Top, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones. The guitarist also appeared in Sling Blade, starring Billy Bob Thornton. He’s working on a follow-up to 2007’s To Be Loved, expected to be finished next year.
Moore’s Rockford appearance is part of a benefit Deli Italia and a slate of local musicians are hosting for fellow player and community activist Doug Furze, who’s battling metastatic pancreatic cancer. Moore was the headliner at Furze’s 2007 Hot Fest for Hospice festival.
Show starts at 6 p.m. Cost is $10. Also performing will be The Blunatics, Higher Ground, J.F. Gaziano, Doug Fleming and a variety of other musicians. Deli Italia Lounge (formerly 505 Lounge) is at 505 E. State St., downtown Rockford. More information can be found by calling the club at (815) 962-3354. Ian Moore can be found online at www.ianmoore.com.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue