- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Ian Moore plays Deli Italia Aug. 14
National recording artist Ian Moore will take the Deli Italia Lounge stage this Friday, Aug. 14.
Moore, a California native, broke out of Austin, Texas, in the early 1990s with a unique blend of folk, world music and blues. Aside from his eight albums, Moore has played with ZZ Top, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones. The guitarist also appeared in Sling Blade, starring Billy Bob Thornton. He’s working on a follow-up to 2007’s To Be Loved, expected to be finished next year.
Moore’s Rockford appearance is part of a benefit Deli Italia and a slate of local musicians are hosting for fellow player and community activist Doug Furze, who’s battling metastatic pancreatic cancer. Moore was the headliner at Furze’s 2007 Hot Fest for Hospice festival.
Show starts at 6 p.m. Cost is $10. Also performing will be The Blunatics, Higher Ground, J.F. Gaziano, Doug Fleming and a variety of other musicians. Deli Italia Lounge (formerly 505 Lounge) is at 505 E. State St., downtown Rockford. More information can be found by calling the club at (815) 962-3354. Ian Moore can be found online at www.ianmoore.com.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue