- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Ian Moore plays Deli Italia Aug. 14
National recording artist Ian Moore will take the Deli Italia Lounge stage this Friday, Aug. 14.
Moore, a California native, broke out of Austin, Texas, in the early 1990s with a unique blend of folk, world music and blues. Aside from his eight albums, Moore has played with ZZ Top, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones. The guitarist also appeared in Sling Blade, starring Billy Bob Thornton. He’s working on a follow-up to 2007’s To Be Loved, expected to be finished next year.
Moore’s Rockford appearance is part of a benefit Deli Italia and a slate of local musicians are hosting for fellow player and community activist Doug Furze, who’s battling metastatic pancreatic cancer. Moore was the headliner at Furze’s 2007 Hot Fest for Hospice festival.
Show starts at 6 p.m. Cost is $10. Also performing will be The Blunatics, Higher Ground, J.F. Gaziano, Doug Fleming and a variety of other musicians. Deli Italia Lounge (formerly 505 Lounge) is at 505 E. State St., downtown Rockford. More information can be found by calling the club at (815) 962-3354. Ian Moore can be found online at www.ianmoore.com.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue