- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
- ComEd and river goers at same level?
- State Roundup: Governor visits IDOT listening tour, told he’s wrong on Turnaround
Ian Moore plays Deli Italia Aug. 14
National recording artist Ian Moore will take the Deli Italia Lounge stage this Friday, Aug. 14.
Moore, a California native, broke out of Austin, Texas, in the early 1990s with a unique blend of folk, world music and blues. Aside from his eight albums, Moore has played with ZZ Top, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones. The guitarist also appeared in Sling Blade, starring Billy Bob Thornton. He’s working on a follow-up to 2007’s To Be Loved, expected to be finished next year.
Moore’s Rockford appearance is part of a benefit Deli Italia and a slate of local musicians are hosting for fellow player and community activist Doug Furze, who’s battling metastatic pancreatic cancer. Moore was the headliner at Furze’s 2007 Hot Fest for Hospice festival.
Show starts at 6 p.m. Cost is $10. Also performing will be The Blunatics, Higher Ground, J.F. Gaziano, Doug Fleming and a variety of other musicians. Deli Italia Lounge (formerly 505 Lounge) is at 505 E. State St., downtown Rockford. More information can be found by calling the club at (815) 962-3354. Ian Moore can be found online at www.ianmoore.com.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue