- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
IceHogs announce 2009-10 exhibition schedule
It’s finally been hot in Rockford this summer. Over the past week or so, we’ve seen some of the highest temperatures in the last two or three years. Whenever it gets that warm, it seems to help cool things down a bit when I check to see what’s going on with the Rockford IceHogs.
Chicago Blackhawks General Manager of Minor League Affiliations Mark Bernard recently announced the team’s exhibition schedule for the upcoming 2009-10 American Hockey League season. Rockford will take on the Peoria Rivermen in a home-and-home exhibition series prior to the start of the regular season. The two-game set will open at Peoria’s Carver Arena at 7:05 p.m., Friday, Sept. 25.
The two teams will then travel back to the Rockford MetroCentre for the second game Saturday, Sept. 26. That game will also begin at 7:05 p.m.
Tickets for the home game are on sale at the MetroCentre Box Office, by calling (815) 968-5222 or on the Web at www.metrocenre.com. The exhibition game tickets are specially priced at $5 for adults and $3 for children 14 and younger.
The IceHogs are also selling 2009-10 season tickets. Packages range anywhere from five games up to full-season Arena Club season tickets. An IceHogs season ticket representative is available by calling (815) 847-6399.
It is hoped reading about ice hockey in the middle of August helps cool you off as much as writing about it did for me.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue