- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Salon sponsors benefit for local animal sanctuary
Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc., has partnered with Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary to sponsor the Second Annual Cuts for Mutts in Rockford. Cuts for Mutts was started to raise money to support the increasing needs of the overgrowing animal population in the community. The first year of the event raised $1,000 for Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary to continue their nonprofit services for Rockford. For 31 years, the nonprofit, volunteer-run animal sanctuary has taken in stray, abandoned and abused animals from Rockford and the surrounding area. Once at the Sanctuary, the animals receive medical care and are placed for adoption in qualified homes.
We are setting the second year goal to $2,500 and are optimistic that we will be successful in exceeding it,
says Michael VanHorn, owner of Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc. As a proud father of two cats and two dogs that he adopted from a shelter, VanHorn believes very strongly in supporting Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary and their efforts to rescue abandoned animals and find them new, loving homes.
The Cuts for Mutts benefit will be from 1-5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 23, at Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc., 5643 E. State St., Suite 3, Rockford. Patrons who bring items for the Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary needs list (www.noahsarkanimals.org) will receive discounted select services from Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc. (www.abfabsalonandspa.com). There will be a silent auction and pull tabs to raise additional money for the cause. Pug Dog Diner will participate by selling food with the proceeds going toward Noah’s Ark. Better Image Photography will be on hand for photo ops.
For more information, call Michael VanHorn at (815) 708-8557, Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc., or Marcia Brice at (815) 962-2767 at Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary.
from the Aug 12-18, 2009 issue