- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Community news and notes
Daniel Zeigler, portfolio manager with the Alpine Trust and Investment Group, the trust and investment division of Alpine Bank, completed the Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC) designation. The CMFC is offered through the College of Financial Planning and is the only industry-recognized mutual fund designation. As portfolio manager, Zeigler is responsible for managing portfolios of clients ranging from individual trusts, investment accounts and 401(k) plans. He also serves on the Investment Strategy Committee, monitoring the economy and markets. … Rockford native Chris Jacobs was chosen as June employee of the month at Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center. The agent services coordinator in the capacity services department was nominated by managers and co-workers for leadership qualities and pursuit of excellence. … Jim Russell, a member of the maintenance team at Rockford College, was named Employee of the Month for April. He was recognized for his care of campus grounds and facilities, and his positive customer service attitude with both employees and visitors to the campus. The Employee of the Month program is coordinated by the college’s CARE committee, which solicits nominations from faculty and staff.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.