- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
Community news and notes
Daniel Zeigler, portfolio manager with the Alpine Trust and Investment Group, the trust and investment division of Alpine Bank, completed the Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC) designation. The CMFC is offered through the College of Financial Planning and is the only industry-recognized mutual fund designation. As portfolio manager, Zeigler is responsible for managing portfolios of clients ranging from individual trusts, investment accounts and 401(k) plans. He also serves on the Investment Strategy Committee, monitoring the economy and markets. … Rockford native Chris Jacobs was chosen as June employee of the month at Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center. The agent services coordinator in the capacity services department was nominated by managers and co-workers for leadership qualities and pursuit of excellence. … Jim Russell, a member of the maintenance team at Rockford College, was named Employee of the Month for April. He was recognized for his care of campus grounds and facilities, and his positive customer service attitude with both employees and visitors to the campus. The Employee of the Month program is coordinated by the college’s CARE committee, which solicits nominations from faculty and staff.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.