- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
- Parks and recreation vital to a stronger Illinois, report shows
- Illinois home sales see slight gain in October
- Rockford Rescue Mission on the front lines of battling war on homelessness
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council’s annual meeting highlights tech revolution
- NIU’s Dan Gebo named ‘Illinois Professor of the Year’
Community news and notes
Daniel Zeigler, portfolio manager with the Alpine Trust and Investment Group, the trust and investment division of Alpine Bank, completed the Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC) designation. The CMFC is offered through the College of Financial Planning and is the only industry-recognized mutual fund designation. As portfolio manager, Zeigler is responsible for managing portfolios of clients ranging from individual trusts, investment accounts and 401(k) plans. He also serves on the Investment Strategy Committee, monitoring the economy and markets. … Rockford native Chris Jacobs was chosen as June employee of the month at Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center. The agent services coordinator in the capacity services department was nominated by managers and co-workers for leadership qualities and pursuit of excellence. … Jim Russell, a member of the maintenance team at Rockford College, was named Employee of the Month for April. He was recognized for his care of campus grounds and facilities, and his positive customer service attitude with both employees and visitors to the campus. The Employee of the Month program is coordinated by the college’s CARE committee, which solicits nominations from faculty and staff.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.