- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
Local author raises Down syndrome awareness
From press release
BELOIT, Wis.—Meet Annie. She’s just like you. Inspired by her daughter with Down syndrome, Beloit, Wis., author Heather J. Scharlau-Hollis engages readers with the story of a very special girl in her children’s book, Meet Annie.
This book very simply presents the point that all children have the same feelings, regardless of whether or not they have special needs. I am very excited to share this story with my children,
Alana Waltz, mother of a child with Down syndrome, said.
Published by Tate Publishing and Enterprises, the book is available at any bookstore nationwide or can be ordered through the publisher at www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore or by visiting barnesandnoble.com, amazon.com or target.com. This is also an eLIVE title, meaning each copy contains a code redeemable for a free audio version from TatePublishing.com. eLIVE—Listen, Imagine, View and Experience!
Since the publication of her book, Scharlau-Hollis has been raising awareness for Down syndrome by participating in Buddy Walks across the country and in Canada. According to BuddyWalk.org, The Buddy Walk is a program established by the National Down Syndrome Society to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. The author resides in Beloit, Wis.,k with her family.
For more information, contact Traci Jones, Marketing representative, at (888) 361-9473 or send an e-mail email@example.com.
From the Aug. 19-25, 2009 issue