- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Mom’s Club meets at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
From press release
New as well as experienced mothers and their babies up to 12 months of age are invited to attend the free
almost every Friday from 10 to 11 a.m. in the Children’s Play Room at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center.
A collaborative effort among OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, the Rockford Public Schools Early Childhood Program and the Winnebago County Health Department, the Mom’s Club is designed to help mothers expand their social network, gain information and spend time with their babies.
Each week, a different topic is discussed. In September, the meetings will be Fridays, Sept. 4, 11, 18 and 25.
General topics are also discussed during Mom’s Club, including breastfeeding, infant development, feeding schedules and safety concerns. Participants are welcome to attend any or all of the meetings they wish.
For more information, contact Jan Jurie at the Winnebago County Health Department at (815) 720-4339.
from the Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2009 issue