- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Mom’s Club meets at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
From press release
New as well as experienced mothers and their babies up to 12 months of age are invited to attend the free
almost every Friday from 10 to 11 a.m. in the Children’s Play Room at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center.
A collaborative effort among OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, the Rockford Public Schools Early Childhood Program and the Winnebago County Health Department, the Mom’s Club is designed to help mothers expand their social network, gain information and spend time with their babies.
Each week, a different topic is discussed. In September, the meetings will be Fridays, Sept. 4, 11, 18 and 25.
General topics are also discussed during Mom’s Club, including breastfeeding, infant development, feeding schedules and safety concerns. Participants are welcome to attend any or all of the meetings they wish.
For more information, contact Jan Jurie at the Winnebago County Health Department at (815) 720-4339.
from the Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2009 issue