- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Rockford Libertarians plan Sept. 3 forum
From press release
The Rockford Area Libertarians plan to hold a forum at 7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 3, at Villa Di Roma Restaurant, 11th Street and Harrison Avenue, Rockford. The topic will be
Issues for Potential Candidates.
Many unannounced candidates have been invited, and all are welcome to this informal discussion. Candidates are gathering petition signatures, and the public will have the opportunity to sign them at this upcoming event. A slightly more formal
is being planned for the early spring in this venue, which is well known to be independent of partisan bias, since the Libertarian Party is not yet established in Illinois.
Anyone interested in friendly political conversation is invited to attend. Come early if you would like to order food. For more information, visit the Web site at http://lprockford.8m.com or call (815) 963-1962.
from the Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2009 issue