- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Rockford Libertarians plan Sept. 3 forum
From press release
The Rockford Area Libertarians plan to hold a forum at 7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 3, at Villa Di Roma Restaurant, 11th Street and Harrison Avenue, Rockford. The topic will be
Issues for Potential Candidates.
Many unannounced candidates have been invited, and all are welcome to this informal discussion. Candidates are gathering petition signatures, and the public will have the opportunity to sign them at this upcoming event. A slightly more formal
is being planned for the early spring in this venue, which is well known to be independent of partisan bias, since the Libertarian Party is not yet established in Illinois.
Anyone interested in friendly political conversation is invited to attend. Come early if you would like to order food. For more information, visit the Web site at http://lprockford.8m.com or call (815) 963-1962.
from the Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2009 issue