- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Rockford Libertarians plan Sept. 3 forum
From press release
The Rockford Area Libertarians plan to hold a forum at 7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 3, at Villa Di Roma Restaurant, 11th Street and Harrison Avenue, Rockford. The topic will be
Issues for Potential Candidates.
Many unannounced candidates have been invited, and all are welcome to this informal discussion. Candidates are gathering petition signatures, and the public will have the opportunity to sign them at this upcoming event. A slightly more formal
is being planned for the early spring in this venue, which is well known to be independent of partisan bias, since the Libertarian Party is not yet established in Illinois.
Anyone interested in friendly political conversation is invited to attend. Come early if you would like to order food. For more information, visit the Web site at http://lprockford.8m.com or call (815) 963-1962.
from the Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2009 issue