- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
RVC offers one-day workshop on debt-free living
From press release
The Rock Valley College Adult Education Department is offering the
Strategies for Living Debt Free in the 21st Century
workshop. This one-day workshop is aimed at helping people get out of debt using the same math system that groups use that you hear advertised on the radio, or see on TV. The workshop also gets into budgeting, while going over a system to evaluate your budget for the purpose of putting more money back into your pocket in various spending categories. There will be special emphasis on what people should be doing financially to make it through these tough economic times.
Wilson, CPCU, AIU, AIM, AIS, will be conducting the workshop. Forest has helped families through his workshops regain control of their financial future for more than 10 years.
The workshop will be offered through the Rock Valley Adult Education Department from 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 3. Call (815) 921-3900 for more information.
from the Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2009 issue