- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
‘Woman to Woman’ offers support to patients with breast cancer
From press release
Helping women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer navigate through the complex and sometimes frightening journey of contending with their diagnosis is one of the premises behind the free
Woman to Woman
Support Group that now meets twice a month at the OSF St. Anthony Center for Cancer Care.
The meetings will be offered from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 1, and from 9 to 10 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 17, in the OSF Center for Cancer Care library.
Lisa Bruno, RN, BSN, OCN, BHN, Certified Breast Care nurse, will facilitate the meetings.
Participants are welcome to bring questions, as well as their concerns, strength, hope and encouragement to help other women in the process of healing. The meetings are intended to provide a safe place for breast cancer patients
to let their hair down
and to share information, experiences and camaraderie.
The meetings are free. For information, call (815) 227-2629.
from the Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2009 issue