- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
‘Woman to Woman’ offers support to patients with breast cancer
From press release
Helping women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer navigate through the complex and sometimes frightening journey of contending with their diagnosis is one of the premises behind the free
Woman to Woman
Support Group that now meets twice a month at the OSF St. Anthony Center for Cancer Care.
The meetings will be offered from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 1, and from 9 to 10 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 17, in the OSF Center for Cancer Care library.
Lisa Bruno, RN, BSN, OCN, BHN, Certified Breast Care nurse, will facilitate the meetings.
Participants are welcome to bring questions, as well as their concerns, strength, hope and encouragement to help other women in the process of healing. The meetings are intended to provide a safe place for breast cancer patients
to let their hair down
and to share information, experiences and camaraderie.
The meetings are free. For information, call (815) 227-2629.
from the Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2009 issue