- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
‘Woman to Woman’ offers support to patients with breast cancer
From press release
Helping women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer navigate through the complex and sometimes frightening journey of contending with their diagnosis is one of the premises behind the free
Woman to Woman
Support Group that now meets twice a month at the OSF St. Anthony Center for Cancer Care.
The meetings will be offered from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 1, and from 9 to 10 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 17, in the OSF Center for Cancer Care library.
Lisa Bruno, RN, BSN, OCN, BHN, Certified Breast Care nurse, will facilitate the meetings.
Participants are welcome to bring questions, as well as their concerns, strength, hope and encouragement to help other women in the process of healing. The meetings are intended to provide a safe place for breast cancer patients
to let their hair down
and to share information, experiences and camaraderie.
The meetings are free. For information, call (815) 227-2629.
from the Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2009 issue