- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
‘Woman to Woman’ offers support to patients with breast cancer
From press release
Helping women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer navigate through the complex and sometimes frightening journey of contending with their diagnosis is one of the premises behind the free
Woman to Woman
Support Group that now meets twice a month at the OSF St. Anthony Center for Cancer Care.
The meetings will be offered from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 1, and from 9 to 10 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 17, in the OSF Center for Cancer Care library.
Lisa Bruno, RN, BSN, OCN, BHN, Certified Breast Care nurse, will facilitate the meetings.
Participants are welcome to bring questions, as well as their concerns, strength, hope and encouragement to help other women in the process of healing. The meetings are intended to provide a safe place for breast cancer patients
to let their hair down
and to share information, experiences and camaraderie.
The meetings are free. For information, call (815) 227-2629.
from the Aug. 26-Sept. 1, 2009 issue