- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Chicago Rhythm and Blues Kings at Bar 3 Sept. 11
From press release
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts and Midtown Marketplace will present The Chicago Rhythm and Blues Kings at 8 p.m., Friday, Sept. 11, at Bar 3, 326 E. State St., Rockford. The event will provide a tantalizing taste of The Web’s spectacular 38th programming season.
“We are very excited about the upcoming 2009-2010 season!” said Charlotte’s Web Board President Andrew Kellogg. “We are hosting some top-notch new acts this year, as well as the old favorites Rockford has grown to love.”
The season opens Friday, Oct. 9, when Charlotte’s Web hosts Sara Watkins of Nickel Creek at the Sullivan Center (formerly New American Theater), 118 N. Main St., Rockford.
Kellogg said: “Sara Watkins does not mess around! We are confident that her fiery brand of bluegrass fiddle-work will be a hit in the Rockford area.”
In addition to changes in their line-up for the 2009-2010 season, Charlotte’s Web is also branching out into some new venues. The Chicago Rhythm and Blues Kings show Sept. 11 will be the first the group has hosted at Bar 3 in downtown Rockford. Tickets for the event are $5.
For more information about Charlotte’s Web or the concert, visit www.charlotteswebofrockford.org.
From the September 2-8, 2009 issue