- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Chicago Rhythm and Blues Kings at Bar 3 Sept. 11
From press release
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts and Midtown Marketplace will present The Chicago Rhythm and Blues Kings at 8 p.m., Friday, Sept. 11, at Bar 3, 326 E. State St., Rockford. The event will provide a tantalizing taste of The Web’s spectacular 38th programming season.
“We are very excited about the upcoming 2009-2010 season!” said Charlotte’s Web Board President Andrew Kellogg. “We are hosting some top-notch new acts this year, as well as the old favorites Rockford has grown to love.”
The season opens Friday, Oct. 9, when Charlotte’s Web hosts Sara Watkins of Nickel Creek at the Sullivan Center (formerly New American Theater), 118 N. Main St., Rockford.
Kellogg said: “Sara Watkins does not mess around! We are confident that her fiery brand of bluegrass fiddle-work will be a hit in the Rockford area.”
In addition to changes in their line-up for the 2009-2010 season, Charlotte’s Web is also branching out into some new venues. The Chicago Rhythm and Blues Kings show Sept. 11 will be the first the group has hosted at Bar 3 in downtown Rockford. Tickets for the event are $5.
For more information about Charlotte’s Web or the concert, visit www.charlotteswebofrockford.org.
From the September 2-8, 2009 issue