- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Community news and notes
Keith Country Day School recently announced the hiring of four new staff members for the 2009-2010 school year. Kelly Aldrich is the new physical education and health teacher in the middle and upper schools. She earned her bachelor’s degree in education from Butler University, and is entering her sixth year as a teacher. Most recently, Aldrich taught in Denver and coached volleyball. Kristin Burns joined the middle school faculty as a social studies teacher. Previously, Burns worked for both the Harlem and Winnebago school districts. She graduated from Marquette University with a bachelor’s degree in history and anthropology, and completed Purdue University’s Transition to Teaching graduate program. Linda Jane Smith became the new choral director for both the middle and upper schools. Smith has taught music in Rockford for more than 20 years, and has a master’s degree in music education from Catholic University and earned her bachelor’s degree from Brigham Young University. In addition to teaching, she has also been a soloist with the USAF Singing Sergeants, the Rockford Bach Chamber Singers, Mendelssohn Chorale, the Rock Valley College Community Chorale and the Rock Valley College Women’s Ensemble. Rachel Tedrick joined the staff as the new lower school physical education teacher. She is the lone first-year teacher to join the staff. She recently completed her master’s degree in physical education at Rockford College. Tedrick earned her bachelor’s degree in exercise science and health promotion. … Jenny Behning of Cherry Valley became an independent consultant with Tastefully Simple Inc., a national direct-sales company. Behning offers the company’s gourmet foods and beverages to guests at home taste-testing parties.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the September 2-8, 2009 issue