- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Community news and notes
Keith Country Day School recently announced the hiring of four new staff members for the 2009-2010 school year. Kelly Aldrich is the new physical education and health teacher in the middle and upper schools. She earned her bachelor’s degree in education from Butler University, and is entering her sixth year as a teacher. Most recently, Aldrich taught in Denver and coached volleyball. Kristin Burns joined the middle school faculty as a social studies teacher. Previously, Burns worked for both the Harlem and Winnebago school districts. She graduated from Marquette University with a bachelor’s degree in history and anthropology, and completed Purdue University’s Transition to Teaching graduate program. Linda Jane Smith became the new choral director for both the middle and upper schools. Smith has taught music in Rockford for more than 20 years, and has a master’s degree in music education from Catholic University and earned her bachelor’s degree from Brigham Young University. In addition to teaching, she has also been a soloist with the USAF Singing Sergeants, the Rockford Bach Chamber Singers, Mendelssohn Chorale, the Rock Valley College Community Chorale and the Rock Valley College Women’s Ensemble. Rachel Tedrick joined the staff as the new lower school physical education teacher. She is the lone first-year teacher to join the staff. She recently completed her master’s degree in physical education at Rockford College. Tedrick earned her bachelor’s degree in exercise science and health promotion. … Jenny Behning of Cherry Valley became an independent consultant with Tastefully Simple Inc., a national direct-sales company. Behning offers the company’s gourmet foods and beverages to guests at home taste-testing parties.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the September 2-8, 2009 issue