- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Rockford Public Main Library closed during OTW and Labor Day
From press release
The Main Library, 215 N. Wyman St., will be closed Friday, Sept. 4 through Monday, Sept. 7 during the On The Waterfront Festival and Labor Day. Customers are encouraged to use the branch libraries this holiday weekend. Branch libraries will be open regular hours Friday and Saturday, Sept. 4 and 5, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Branches are regularly closed on Sundays except East, open 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
For a complete list of Library locations and hours, call (815) 965-7606, press option 1, or visit the Web site at www.rockfordpubliclibrary.org.
From the September 2-8, 2009 issue