- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Rockford Public Main Library closed during OTW and Labor Day
From press release
The Main Library, 215 N. Wyman St., will be closed Friday, Sept. 4 through Monday, Sept. 7 during the On The Waterfront Festival and Labor Day. Customers are encouraged to use the branch libraries this holiday weekend. Branch libraries will be open regular hours Friday and Saturday, Sept. 4 and 5, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Branches are regularly closed on Sundays except East, open 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
For a complete list of Library locations and hours, call (815) 965-7606, press option 1, or visit the Web site at www.rockfordpubliclibrary.org.
From the September 2-8, 2009 issue