- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Rockford Public Main Library closed during OTW and Labor Day
From press release
The Main Library, 215 N. Wyman St., will be closed Friday, Sept. 4 through Monday, Sept. 7 during the On The Waterfront Festival and Labor Day. Customers are encouraged to use the branch libraries this holiday weekend. Branch libraries will be open regular hours Friday and Saturday, Sept. 4 and 5, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Branches are regularly closed on Sundays except East, open 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
For a complete list of Library locations and hours, call (815) 965-7606, press option 1, or visit the Web site at www.rockfordpubliclibrary.org.
From the September 2-8, 2009 issue