- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Community news and notes
Duane Suits, retired partner of Sikich LLP, was honored with the Illinois CPA Society 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award. This award is given for distinguished service to the profession in Illinois or nationally. Candidates are selected based on such factors as professional position attained, length of service and professional involvement. Suits was a founding partner of Sikich and just completed a term as president of the CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois board of directors. … Ken Richardson, certified hospital facilities manager, was named director of facilities management at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford. Richardson earned his certification as hospital facility manager and his health care construction and contractor’s construction certificates from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering. He is a candidate for the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives. … Rebecca Kinison passed the National Council for Interior Design Qualification exam and is qualified to be a licensed interior designer in Illinois. Kinison works for the Larson & Darby Group in Rockford.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue