- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Community news and notes
Duane Suits, retired partner of Sikich LLP, was honored with the Illinois CPA Society 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award. This award is given for distinguished service to the profession in Illinois or nationally. Candidates are selected based on such factors as professional position attained, length of service and professional involvement. Suits was a founding partner of Sikich and just completed a term as president of the CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois board of directors. … Ken Richardson, certified hospital facilities manager, was named director of facilities management at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford. Richardson earned his certification as hospital facility manager and his health care construction and contractor’s construction certificates from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering. He is a candidate for the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives. … Rebecca Kinison passed the National Council for Interior Design Qualification exam and is qualified to be a licensed interior designer in Illinois. Kinison works for the Larson & Darby Group in Rockford.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue