- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Community news and notes
Duane Suits, retired partner of Sikich LLP, was honored with the Illinois CPA Society 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award. This award is given for distinguished service to the profession in Illinois or nationally. Candidates are selected based on such factors as professional position attained, length of service and professional involvement. Suits was a founding partner of Sikich and just completed a term as president of the CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois board of directors. … Ken Richardson, certified hospital facilities manager, was named director of facilities management at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford. Richardson earned his certification as hospital facility manager and his health care construction and contractor’s construction certificates from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering. He is a candidate for the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives. … Rebecca Kinison passed the National Council for Interior Design Qualification exam and is qualified to be a licensed interior designer in Illinois. Kinison works for the Larson & Darby Group in Rockford.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue