- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Community news and notes
Duane Suits, retired partner of Sikich LLP, was honored with the Illinois CPA Society 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award. This award is given for distinguished service to the profession in Illinois or nationally. Candidates are selected based on such factors as professional position attained, length of service and professional involvement. Suits was a founding partner of Sikich and just completed a term as president of the CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois board of directors. … Ken Richardson, certified hospital facilities manager, was named director of facilities management at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford. Richardson earned his certification as hospital facility manager and his health care construction and contractor’s construction certificates from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering. He is a candidate for the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives. … Rebecca Kinison passed the National Council for Interior Design Qualification exam and is qualified to be a licensed interior designer in Illinois. Kinison works for the Larson & Darby Group in Rockford.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue