- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
Community news and notes
Duane Suits, retired partner of Sikich LLP, was honored with the Illinois CPA Society 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award. This award is given for distinguished service to the profession in Illinois or nationally. Candidates are selected based on such factors as professional position attained, length of service and professional involvement. Suits was a founding partner of Sikich and just completed a term as president of the CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois board of directors. … Ken Richardson, certified hospital facilities manager, was named director of facilities management at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford. Richardson earned his certification as hospital facility manager and his health care construction and contractor’s construction certificates from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering. He is a candidate for the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives. … Rebecca Kinison passed the National Council for Interior Design Qualification exam and is qualified to be a licensed interior designer in Illinois. Kinison works for the Larson & Darby Group in Rockford.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue