- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
Grandparents Day Banquet Sept. 13
From press release
Laclede’s Heart Ministries presents a Grandparents Day Banquet Sunday, Sept. 13, at Radisson Hotel & Convention Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford. The event is expected to attract more than 300 people.
The annual Grandparents Day Banquet will feature a gourmet four-course meal, live entertainment and an awards ceremony with special guest speaker. Live performers include Harlan Jefferson, Carl and Dianna Cole, Prophetic Praise Team, R&B singer Victoria, and a special solo performance from Stephanie Goldsmith (winner of Gospel Idol).
For more information, visit www.grandparentsdayrockford.com or call (815) 243-3073.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue