- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Grandparents Day Banquet Sept. 13
From press release
Laclede’s Heart Ministries presents a Grandparents Day Banquet Sunday, Sept. 13, at Radisson Hotel & Convention Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford. The event is expected to attract more than 300 people.
The annual Grandparents Day Banquet will feature a gourmet four-course meal, live entertainment and an awards ceremony with special guest speaker. Live performers include Harlan Jefferson, Carl and Dianna Cole, Prophetic Praise Team, R&B singer Victoria, and a special solo performance from Stephanie Goldsmith (winner of Gospel Idol).
For more information, visit www.grandparentsdayrockford.com or call (815) 243-3073.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue