- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
OSF Center for Health Fitness offers ‘Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Weeks’
From press release
To help people shed unwanted pounds, the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Sports Medicine and Health Fitness is offering its successful and popular program called
Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Weeks.
Designed to teach participants healthy lifestyle changes and to ultimately lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks, the program begins at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 16, at the OSF Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Rockford.
Program members are asked to keep and turn in a weekly food diary and exercise log. Participants will then receive recommendations based on their logs and diaries.
The 10 class sessions include informative lectures about such topics as resting metabolic rate, exercise at home, fats, proteins and carbohydrates, reading labels, vitamins and supplements, dining out, flexibility and wellness for life.
The program also includes:
• Assessments with an exercise physiologist, including body fat percentage and measurements
• Weekly weigh-ins and educational sessions
• Food and exercise logs to be individually and confidentially analyzed by an exercise physiologist and registered dietitian
• Handouts and recipes given each week
• Introduction to the exercise equipment
• 12-week gym membership, including towel service
• Shopping trip to a grocery store
The fee for the 10-week program is $149 for OSF Health Fitness members and $249 for non-members. The fee includes unlimited use of the fitness center.
If two people (
) register together, they receive a $10 discount on each registration. The buddies do not need to attend the same class time to receive the discount.
Returning participants will also receive a $10 discount if they register for the next session.
The combined services provided in the
Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Weeks
program are valued at $600.
Class size is limited. For more information and registration, call (815) 395-4591.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue