- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Panel of constitutional advocates joins citizens at Rockford town hall
From press release
As a follow-up to the recent town hall meetings held by senators and House representatives across the United States, a group of local citizens have invited a panel of 10 experts from around the state of Illinois to join in the discussion of the constitutionality of various legislation. Topics will include health care reform, income taxes, and cap and trade.
The town hall meeting will be at 7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 24, at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St., in downtown Rockford. The panel of advocates have been assembled from around the state; some of the members include Kurt Kallenbach, the man who completed the
One-Man March to Washington, D.C.
; Dr. Bob Pfluger, Ph.D.; Ray Swenson, professor of U.S. history at Rock Valley College; Pastor Ron Teed, of Village Church of Wheaton; and Rick Wos, from Morton Grove.
The meeting was scheduled because after the recent town hall meetings with representatives, some citizens have been left with more questions than answers. Many questions were directed toward the constitutionality of various legislation, including H.R. 3200 (America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009), so these experts will offer definitive answers and make recommendations as to what can be done. The panel will discuss the impact of constitutionality of various issues and will field questions from the public.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue