- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
The menagerie of On The Waterfront
The varied and colorful people of On the Waterfront, Sunday, Sept. 6: (Clockwise, from top left) A participant in Dock Dogs prepares to make his jump. Cowboy Mouth performs at the Stage Right. Concluding fireworks over downtown Rockford signal an end to the summer’s last party. Kids enjoyed the food varieties at the festival. Local artist Ingrid Dohm creates a painting at State and Wyman amid the crowd. Michael Doucet of Beausoleil performs at the Left Bank stage. Statueviva-living statue street performer amazed the crowds. (Center) A little butterfly smiles for the camera.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue