- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
The menagerie of On The Waterfront
The varied and colorful people of On the Waterfront, Sunday, Sept. 6: (Clockwise, from top left) A participant in Dock Dogs prepares to make his jump. Cowboy Mouth performs at the Stage Right. Concluding fireworks over downtown Rockford signal an end to the summer’s last party. Kids enjoyed the food varieties at the festival. Local artist Ingrid Dohm creates a painting at State and Wyman amid the crowd. Michael Doucet of Beausoleil performs at the Left Bank stage. Statueviva-living statue street performer amazed the crowds. (Center) A little butterfly smiles for the camera.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue