- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
The menagerie of On The Waterfront
The varied and colorful people of On the Waterfront, Sunday, Sept. 6: (Clockwise, from top left) A participant in Dock Dogs prepares to make his jump. Cowboy Mouth performs at the Stage Right. Concluding fireworks over downtown Rockford signal an end to the summer’s last party. Kids enjoyed the food varieties at the festival. Local artist Ingrid Dohm creates a painting at State and Wyman amid the crowd. Michael Doucet of Beausoleil performs at the Left Bank stage. Statueviva-living statue street performer amazed the crowds. (Center) A little butterfly smiles for the camera.
From the September 9-15, 2009 issue