- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Get free document shredding and help the Rockford Rescue Mission
From press release
Every weekday during the month of September, bring an item to Mailboxes & Parcel Depot from the list below to be donated to the Rockford Rescue Mission and get 7 minutes of free self-service shredding.
Mailboxes & Parcel Depot is at 5411 E. State St., Rockford, across the street from Office Depot and the new Bandana Restaurant.
For each item brought, you get to shred and destroy all the documents you can feed through the machine in 7 minutes. It can shred up to 20 pages at a time, including staples. The machine also shreds credit cards and compact disks.
There is a limit of two items and 14 minutes a day, but you can shred about 1 pound a minute.
Items to donate:
Canned Goods: Fruit & vegetables
Miscellaneous: Bath towels & wash cloths, bleach, diapers (newborn/infant), feminine hygiene products, garbage bags (40-45 gal.), mouthwash (non-alcohol), nail clippers, Poly Grip, Q-tips, sheets sets (twin), women’s pajamas (LG, XL)
Over-the-Counter Meds: Athlete’s foot cream or spray, antibacterial ointment, antifungal cream, nasal spray, sterile gauze pads (3×3)
Paper Products: Foam cups (8 oz.) & bowls, Kleenex, napkins, paper plates, paper towels, plastic spoons and forks, toilet paper
Staples: Coffee, drink mixes (pre-sweetened), oatmeal, spices, sugar
For more information, call Mailboxes at (815) 399-2555.
From the September 16-22, 2009 issue