- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Parade of Homes runs through Sept. 20
From press release
The annual Parade of Homes, the premier event coordinated each year by the Home Builders Association of the Greater Rockford Area to showcase the region’s new home and condominium construction, began Saturday, Sept. 12, and runs through Sunday, Sept. 20. The event highlights family living and investment in the future.
Dennis Sweeney, executive director of the Home Builders Association, said: “We understand that times are tough right now, but it is actually one of the best times to invest in a new family home. Investing in a new home or upgrades to your current home can actually help you save money, giving you more to invest in your family’s future.”
The Home Builders Association has sponsored Parade of Homes—a free event open to the public—since 1983. Fourteen homes and condominiums in Winnebago and Boone counties are on the Parade of Homes roster, showcasing a range of styles, sizes, amenities and locations.
Now is the time to buy. According to the National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo Housing Opportunity Index released Aug. 19, nationwide housing affordability during the second quarter of 2009 continued to hover near its highest level since the series began 18 years ago. Today’s market, coupled with a tax credit of up to $8,000 for first-time homebuyers, near-record low mortgage interest rates and ample inventory, provides an unprecedented window of opportunity for qualified prospective home buyers. In fact, there may never be another buyer’s market as good as today’s.
“Even if you’re not in the market for a new home, perhaps you are looking to upgrade or renovate your family’s current home,” Sweeney said. “Parade of Homes is a great place to pick up tips on the latest trends and design and see work from custom builders who you might use for your construction project.”
Reasons to buy a home now
• $8,000 federal tax credit is available through 2009 for first-time homebuyers.
• A huge selection of homes is available.
• More green incentives and choices are available, which save you money immediately and in the long run.
• Homes are priced to sell and are nearing the bottom of the market decline. This means value will be trending upward, making homes a smart investment.
• Historically low interest rates are offered on mortgages.
The Parade of Homes Guide features the elevations, floor plans, descriptions and locator maps.
For more information, visit the Parade of Homes Web site at www.paradeofhomesrockford.org or the Home Builders Association Web site at www.hbarockford.com; call the Home Builders Association at (815) 962-1148; or visit the Home Builders Association at 631 N. Longwood, No. 102, Rockford.
From the September 16-22, 2009 issue.